Terms and Conditions
An instruction to carry out work shall be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions unless the work is the subject of another written contract, the terms of which supersede these.
- Definition and basis of pricing
- a) An Estimate is an approximate price, calculated with reasonable care from available information, which may be given as a range or percentage variation. It constitutes an offer to do the work within the price range. This will be used where an exact price is not required or is impossible to give due to lack of information.
- b) A Quotation is an offer to do the work specified at the price quoted.
Once either a quotation or an estimate is accepted by the client it is to be taken as a contract between the company and the client.
- a) Pricing is based on normal working hours, Monday to Friday (8am-5pm), unless otherwise stated.
- b) Prices do not include any charges made by the supply authority unless otherwise stated.
- c) All possible care will be taken in carrying out the work, we will leave the work place clean and tidy and do our very best to reduce inconvenience.
- d) As part of the regulations when carrying out any Engineering works there is a duty of care for the Engineer to rectify any Code 1 (danger risk) deviations to be rectified on the spot. The client will be notified immediately and if a price is not agreed, will be charged at £70.00 plus VAT per hour.
- a) Variations or additional work required shall be detailed by the client as early as possible. Ideally this will enable a price variation to be prepared and accepted. Instructions for work to proceed shall be required in writing and taken to mean acceptance of charges on in addition to the original quotation.
- a) Payment of an invoice is due within 14 days of the date of that invoice. GreenLight reserves the right to charge interest on any late payments.
- b) Should the period of work be extended beyond the agreed time, monthly invoices for work done and materials supplied will be submitted. Payment of these shall be due on receipt of invoice.
- c) Materials supplied shall remain the property of GreenLight until payment is received in full.
- Time of Completion
GreenLight shall endeavour to carry out the work in accordance with the dates specified on the estimate or quotation, or if no dates are specified, within a reasonable period of time. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any losses, damage or increase in cost due to delays beyond the control of the company.
Completed work will carry a 10 year guarantee against faulty workmanship. Electronic devices, luminaries and appliances are excluded from this warrantee but will be covered by the manufacturer’s warrantee, a minimum of one year.
We shall not be liable for damage from external sources affecting the installation or any form of misuse.
We shall not be responsible for any losses incurred by the client using equipment before the handover on completion of work.
The implementation of this guarantee shall only be carried out by the company staff or persons instructed by the company. No responsibility is accepted for repairs or alterations effected by anybody else.