Complete Heating System Replacement
Why is this work being done?
This work is done because your heating system is close to its life expectancy, and parts of your system may no longer be readily available.
You will need a fitting modern boiler that will allow you to control the temperature of your heating and hot water.
This could help to reduce your gas bills and keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
How long will the work take?
From start to finish the process of fitting the new heating appliance depend on the work carried out.
Please note: If any other improvement works have been identified for your home, such as a kitchen or bathroom, it will take longer to complete all the work.
We will agree a convenient start date with you before the work is undertaken.
What does the work involve?
- The old fittings will be removed by the contractor.
- The contractors will remove your old boiler, gas fire (if you have one), hot water cylinder or tank in the loft.
- A new modern energy-efficient condensing boiler will be installed.
- The contractors may need to move or remove some wall units to make room for it.
- If for technical reasons, it is not possible to install the new boiler in the kitchen, an alternative location will be discussed with you.
- New thermostatic valves will be fitted to all your existing radiators, except in the hallway.
- This will enable you to control the temperature in each room.
- New heating and hot water controls will also be installed and set to your requirements when the installation is complete.
- You will be shown how to adjust the controls if you wish to change the settings in the future.
- The contractor will also carry out any electrical work needed, box any pipework in, plaster where necessary and replace any tiles damaged in your kitchen.
What happens during the work?
The first stages of the work will be untidy, and the workers will need access to several rooms at the same time on the first day.
There will also be some noise and workers will need to be in and out of your home many times.
- The workers will use clean dust sheets to cover any furniture, floor covering and fixtures.
- They will tidy up any mess and pack away equipment at the end of each working day.
- They will ensure you are left with heating, hot water and electricity supply at the end of every working day.
- We will then fit your electric fire as well as surrounding to carry out minor work such as boxing in pipes and plaster patching.
- Provide you with information about the works and how they will affect you.
- Give you time before work starts in your home.
- Work with contractors to minimise the disruption to your home and keep you informed on progress during the work.
- Always treat you and your home with respect and courtesy.
- Ensure we clear up following the work.
Need to know more?
Contact us 0208 545 7225.