Boiler Servicing & Repairs
Here at GreenLight, we have a team of dedicated engineers who specialise in servicing boilers.
On this page you can read more about:
- Boiler installation
- Annual boiler service
- Boiler repair
- Gas appliance servicing
- Gas Safety certificates
With the lifespan of a boiler averaging between 10/15 years, you can be sure a time will come to upgrade your existing boiler. Wherever you live in the UK, our network of approved engineers can help. GreenLight can professionally install your brand new boiler for a competitive price.
Each boiler we install is rated A for efficiency and will burn the minimum amount of fuel possible. Depending on the rating of your existing boiler, when you upgrade to a new A-rated model, you could save hundreds of pounds on your annual heating bills.
Annual Boiler Service
Annual boiler servicing is an important part of maintaining your boiler and heating system.
Annual boiler service includes:
- Checking the condition and performance of your boiler to ensure it is operating at its peak performance.
- Identifying faults at an early stage and reduce the risk of your boiler breaking down unexpectedly.
- Ensure your boiler is running as efficiently as possible which may reduce your bills.
- Identify if the boiler is leaking Carbon Monoxide. Carbon Monoxide is a highly toxic, poisonous gas which is difficult to detect as it is odourless, colourless and tasteless. Contact with the gas can be deadly or lead to severe long-term health problems.
- Gas Safe (the official body for gas safety in the UK) and OFTEC (the UK body for the oil heating industry) recommend that boilers should be serviced at least once a year.
Once a year it is crucial to service your boiler so that any underlying faults can be picked up and addressed. A service will ensure your boiler is safe to use and will maintain your manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
When you book your annual service with GreenLight, our Gas Safe registered engineers will visit your home at a time that is convenient for your schedule. They will inspect your boiler and explain their findings, along with any necessary next steps. Your boiler controls will be tested, along with the pressure settings, safety devices, flues and surrounding pipework.
Warning Signs Your Boiler Need Servicing
Inefficiencies with your boiler can be identified through various faults which can include:
- A yellow flame, rather than blue.
- Pressure falls below the recommended setting of 1-1.5 bar.
- Pilot light keeps going off.
- Boiler refills or overheats often.
- Stains/smoke marks appearing on or around the appliance.
- Hot water is not as hot as it should be or the flow is low.
What To Expect From GreenLight
When you book a boiler service with one of our experienced local engineers, they will carry out a series of checks on your boiler to ensure it is operating efficiently and safely. These include:
- Flues and terminals check.
- All safety devices check.
- Gas pressure and heat input verification.
- Operating pressure reset.
- Combustion fan check.
- Heat exchanges check.
- Gas and water seals check.
- Burners check/ clean.
- Ignition system check.
- Performance test (where possible).
- Controls check.
- Heating controls advice.
A Regular Service Can Make Your Boiler More Efficient
It is recommended that a boiler service takes place annually to avoid potential costly repairs in the future and to ensure your appliance is in a good working order, with no hazardous leaks. For example, if your boiler is burning fuel inefficiently it could be costing you more to run.
Wherever you live in the UK; our experienced network of engineers can attend your property and repair your boiler fault. No matter if it is an emergency or non-emergency situation, our Gas Safe registered staff will work hard in order to get you back up and running as soon as possible.
Our trained engineers are equipped at repairing a wide range of boiler faults as well as complications and will be able to identify what is causing your heating or hot water to stop working. From poor circulation to leaking boilers, our friendly engineers will work fast and efficiently to restore your boiler to optimum condition.
Book a fast boiler repair with no hidden fees
At GreenLight we know that a boiler breakdown can cause a lot of stress. From the inconvenience of arranging appointments, to the discomfort for everyone in your home. The unexpected cost of a boiler repair can also be a worry, which is why we will always be upfront about our fees. As a results, we will also let you know of any faults we find and help you make an informed decision on what to do next.
In the same way that we advise homeowners to service their boiler once a year it is also advisable to have other gas appliances checked annually. In order to keep your gas equipment working efficiently and to identify any faults before they become health hazards. It is a good idea to call a Gas Safe registered engineer to your property every 12 months.
Gas Appliance Services
Whatever your gas appliance, our experienced engineers will carry out a series of tests and safety checks that meet strict industry standards. During the checks, should they find any faults they will make you aware of their concerns and discuss the next steps required to restore your appliance to full efficiency.
Regular servicing will help to safeguard against future problems and potentially reduce running costs by increasing efficiency.
After your appliance service, our engineers will present you with a report that details the work carried out in accordance with current gas safety standards.
To book your annual services, call us today 0208 545 7225.