Gas Safety Inspection Croydon
Once you book your annual Gas Safety inspection with GreenLight, an engineer will visit your property and check that all appliances are well ventilated, and safety devices are working effectively.
We guarantee the standard of work from our engineers, who really know domestic heating systems. Our customers know they can rely on our engineers to get the best out of their system at competitive prices. To help you stay safe, we have put together a handy selection of guides in checking your appliances.
Gas Safety Checks For Rented Accommodation & Landlords:
If you live in a rented accommodation, it is the responsibility of your landlords to ensure an annual gas safety check is carried out.
Appliances that should be checked each year include:
- Water heaters or circulators
- Warm air heaters
- Independent space heaters
- Cooker boilers and flued cookers
- Vented and unvented hot water storage vessels
- Micro co-generation appliances
For your own safety, you should only use gas appliances in accordance with the manufacturer instructions. You should never carry out any work on them yourself or try to do anything which might affects the gas supply.
How To Check If Appliances Are Unsafe:
If you spot any of the below, this may indicate the appliances is not working correctly-
- The pilot light frequently blows out
- Smoke is coming out of your appliances
- Sooty or yellow/brown staining on or around your appliances
- Excessive condensation in the room where the appliance is installed
- An orange or yellow flame in your gas fire – it should be a crisp blue colour
You Could Be At Risk Of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Gas Building Up:
- Your flue, chimney, extractor or airway is blocked or leaking. This could prevent CO from escaping so it would flow back into your property where it can build up to a dangerous level. If you have a shared flu or chimney it could even come from next door.
- You have recently had building work done or had new double glazing installed that’s affected your property’s ventilation.
- Floodwater has caused the build-up of silt or debris as this could also affect your property’s ventilation.
Gas Meter Safety:
Gas meter safety inspections are important. We need to make sure your meter is working properly whether old or damaged, it could be dangerous, and it is our responsibility to carry out a check. This will include a visual inspection of the gas supply surrounding the meter point.
It is recommended to ensure your gas meter gets a gas meter safety inspection at least every two years. This is currently being reviewed and is likely to be extended. We will also check that the emergency cut off valve is accessible and working properly, in case you need to stop the gas supply in an emergency.
Arranging A Gas Safety Inspection:
Call 0208 545 7225 Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 5pm to book your appointment.
Croydon is a large town in South London, England, 9.5 miles south of Charing Cross. The principal settlement in the London Borough of Croydon, it is one of the largest commercial districts outside Central London, with an extensive shopping district and night-time economy.