Electrical Distribution Upgrades
Only a few older buildings were designed with electrical systems required to provide the quality power needed for today’s electronic equipment. By giving GreenLight a call, your building can take advantage of our diagnostic services. This will allow you to take gradual and cost-effective steps to ensure your building’s electrical systems are reliable, safe and energy efficient.
GreenLight can also ensure your building receives a high level of power quality, thereby reducing the risk of equipment failure.
Signs You Need To Update Your Consumer Unit or Fuse Box
If you observe any of the following signs, then it is time to get your electric system updated:
- Breakers tripping regularly
- Fuses blowing continually
- Constant flickering or dimming of lights
- A tingling sensation every time you touch any electric appliance
- Warm or sparking outlets
- A persistent burning odour from a room or appliance
How To Update Your Distribution Board?
The first step to upgrade your consumer unit, is by bringing more power from the utility to your home. You can do this by replacing the existing meter and circuit breakers to allow the flow of power or replace an electrical panel and circuit breakers that are outdated. Doing this enables your electrical system to have more power to distribute without affecting the wiring inside the home. The second step includes adding extra circuits that can distribute the power to your rooms and appliances.
Updating the system may also include adding new electrical outlets and replacing the used cable, and old cable wires.
Risks Associated With Aged Electrical Installations
There are several reasons why old or faulty wiring represents a huge problem for a few reasons.
- An old electrical system creates a fire hazard, putting you and your loved ones at risk. One of the biggest causes of house fires is bad wiring. When the wiring becomes exposed, heated or when sparks are created, materials around it get ignited which eventually leads to a big fire.
- The risk of electrocution increases. If the wiring gets old and there are signs of wear and tear, then the electrical current won’t be transferred properly. The insulation may have holes in them and as a result, there will be a serious risk of electrocution.
- The lifespan of your electrical appliances will be cut down significantly as the faulty wiring won’t be able to manage the power in a safe manner. However, the faulty wiring and electrical system may not have the capacity to support modern appliances which will cause your washing machines, dishwashers and microwaves to wear out quickly.
- The overall efficiency of your home’s energy will be drastically reduced. This will also show up in your electric bills apart from the appliances getting ruined.
Benefits Of Updating Your Fuse Board
One of the main benefits of updating your electrical system is that your home and family will be protected from fire hazards that are mostly caused by overloaded circuits.
Secondly, all your modern appliances will also be safe and protected from inefficient power distribution and other problems caused by outdated electrical systems. This can even increase the resale value of your home by updating the electrical system.
Electrical System Professionals
It is always a good idea to go down the best route when it comes to handling electricity. Call GreenLight and let us deal with the problem professionally. Please do not put your life at risk by trying to do it on your own. You never know what can go wrong.